Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help - Faucet-Challenged!!!

I have not repaired or replaced a problem with a faucet for years. I
have a leak in a Glacier Bay faucet in my bathroom and I have a dumb
question - do modern faucets still have washers? I remember years and
years ago a washerless faucet was a big deal, but I was under the
impression that most modern faucets are washerless.

Glacier Bay being the cheap Home Depot knock-off brand, though, I dont
know if it has washers and if it did - wouldn't they be on/under the
faucet handles? If this is a washerless faucet - then how would I
determine where the leak is coming from?

BTW - the leak is directly from the faucet itself. With both handles
firmly in the closed position, a small but steady trickle of water
still comes out of the faucet

If someone could even give me some minor direction before I begin to
take this apart or replace it, I would be most grateful

Thanks