DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   basic - I mean basic washing machine repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/142611-basic-i-mean-basic-washing-machine-repair.html)

stevie January 30th 06 01:42 PM

basic - I mean basic washing machine repair

Hi - my daughter's washing machine - I can get the exact details later,
is bust - the door lock doesn't work. I unscrewed the two securing
screws (which I don't think I should have done) and the retaining latch
now is not there.

This seems to be a very basic repair? We are both really doh at DIY. I
guess we can do this repair however but need to know - well need to
know what to do.

Is there any help available please

Many thanks in advance

Stevie

Special Ed January 30th 06 03:30 PM

basic - I mean basic washing machine repair

"stevie" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi - my daughter's washing machine - I can get the exact details later,
is bust - the door lock doesn't work. I unscrewed the two securing
screws (which I don't think I should have done) and the retaining latch
now is not there.

This seems to be a very basic repair? We are both really doh at DIY. I
guess we can do this repair however but need to know - well need to
know what to do.

We'd like to help-- but you need to give us more info.

Top loader, front loader? When you say it doesn't work, what exactly do you
mean? What happens/doesn't happen under what conditions?

[email protected] January 31st 06 01:37 AM

basic - I mean basic washing machine repair

I would imagine that you have a Whirlpool or Kenmore, and you removed
the two screws to the right side of the tub opening that held the lid
switch to the cabinet. If this is the case, and if the switch itself
is still in one piece, then putting it back would be a simple matter.
But I am guessing from the description of your problem that the switch
iself is broken, and if you buy another one and find some instructions
on the internet to install it, your problem should be solved.