DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   adivce on how to replace a SUMP & MOTOR ASSEMBLY on a kenmore dishwasher (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/142505-adivce-how-replace-sump-motor-assembly-kenmore-dishwasher.html)

t January 29th 06 07:36 PM

adivce on how to replace a SUMP & MOTOR ASSEMBLY on a kenmore dishwasher

I decided to replace a sump and motor assembly on a kenmore dishwasher
(model # 668.16879000).

I ordered the part through sears.com (their part # 8534884).

The black seal on the new sump assembly looks different then the
original seal.
Also the seal is molded to the assembly.

My problem is that I cannot get the new part to properly seat in the
dishwasher.
I was told by a service tech that you should libricate the seal with
dishwaser detergent prior to installation.

I did this, but no matter how hard I push the unit (from the inside of
the dishwaser) I cannot get it to snap in place.
There is only one way (I hope) to fit the part (A key on the part fits
into a slot in the bottom of the dishwasher) , so I do not think I am
putting it in wrong.
I would appreicate any advice on the proper way to install this
sump/motor.

Thanks

Bennett Price January 29th 06 09:35 PM

adivce on how to replace a SUMP & MOTOR ASSEMBLY on a kenmoredishwasher

I don't know if this applies to you but I've twice gotten the 'correct'
Sears part and it wasn't right. The part numbers were just fine - what
I received matched what I ordered but what the parts list said to order
was not right. I got vacuum cleaner belts (for the beater brush) and
door gaskets for a dishwasher that didn't fit and were clearly wrong -
though at first glance they looked OK.