DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   water buildup in concrete block foundation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/141870-water-buildup-concrete-block-foundation.html)

[email protected] January 25th 06 06:18 AM

water buildup in concrete block foundation

I recently bought a house, and noticed that when it rains really hard,
I get some water buildup inside of the concrete block along the edge of
the foundation... the water level is below the floor height, so it
doesn't get the floor wet. I am more concerned about mold/mildew.

COPY AND PASTE this link to see the pic

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/cheesy/...foundation.jpg

Rob Mills January 25th 06 06:55 AM

water buildup in concrete block foundation

wrote in message
oups.com...

the water level is below the floor height, so it doesn't get the floor
wet. I am more concerned about mold/mildew.

Years ago my parents had a house that flooded (creek/lake over flow) under
the house. They had flood insurance and it covered having the block
foundation drilled at the bottom of each row of blocks to drain and then
they sprayed something (don't know what it was, maybe just bleach) into each
row that would kill/prevent mildew and plugged the holes. That was in 1983
and I'm now living in the same house and have had no problems since that
time. RM~

Mikepier January 25th 06 12:05 PM

water buildup in concrete block foundation

The link to the pics does not work

[email protected] January 25th 06 01:19 PM

water buildup in concrete block foundation

Time to install a B Dry system with sump pump to drain the water.

its most important to stop its travel, look for plugged downspouts and
gutters, grading away from home etc etc.

long term water movement can cause excess settling, foundation cracks
etc

[email protected] January 25th 06 01:42 PM

water buildup in concrete block foundation

"I recently bought a house, and noticed that when it rains really hard,

I get some water buildup inside of the concrete block along the edge of

the foundation... the water level is below the floor height, so it
doesn't get the floor wet. I am more concerned about mold/mildew. "

As someone else pointed out, the link doesn't allow us access to the
pics, so it's hard to tell exactly what you're talking about or seeing.
Normally, one can't see inside foundation blocks. Are you talking
about a drain, which may run around the perimeter? It's normal for
some homes to have water below the level of the floor after a rain.

[email protected] January 25th 06 02:49 PM

water buildup in concrete block foundation

As I've said, COPY AND PASTE the link to the pic... if it still doesn't
work, hit refresh and it will work.

The water buildup is inside the house.. it's noticable at the edge of
the garage... while standing at the wall on the inside of the garage,
you can look down inside the concrete block and see standing water.

[email protected] January 25th 06 03:38 PM

water buildup in concrete block foundation

what do you mean by inside concrete block?

crack between block and floor?

Mikepier January 25th 06 04:56 PM

water buildup in concrete block foundation

The link still does not work. It says "unauthorized referrer".