Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One Way Glass for Bathroom windows, Is there such a thing?

We currently have an ugly wondow with some kind of frosting (and paint
spattering) in the bathroom. It lets in light but you can't see out.

Are there any good types of one-way glass that can be used in a
bathroom so that people from the outside cant see in, even at night?

Is there something like a slightly obscured glass with a one way
coating that would do the job?

What is an affordable compromise?

Posted to alt.home.repair

theres a new electric glass, powered up it becomes opaque, cant see
thru, but its expensive

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try stain glass. I replaced mine with a clear glass that had a rain
drop pattern. Downside is that it is not tempered. It can shatter. See:

http://store.allstainedglass.com/spocl.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Weil

In article .com,
" wrote:

theres a new electric glass, powered up it becomes opaque, cant see
thru, but its expensive

And you wonąt want to use the bathroom during a power failure!

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray

Are there any good types of one-way glass that can be used in a
bathroom so that people from the outside cant see in, even at night?

No. 'One-way' glass requires that you are in an area that is darker than
the area that you are observing. The person on the darker side always gets
the view.

Is there something like a slightly obscured glass with a one way
coating that would do the job?

No.

What is an affordable compromise?

Window shade or shutters.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On 22 Jan 2006 16:47:31 -0800, "
wrote:

We currently have an ugly wondow with some kind of frosting (and paint
spattering) in the bathroom. It lets in light but you can't see out.

Are there any good types of one-way glass that can be used in a
bathroom so that people from the outside cant see in, even at night?

Is there something like a slightly obscured glass with a one way
coating that would do the job?

What is an affordable compromise?

We have a 8' single door leading from the MB to the patio (glass), so
my wife used a decorative film with a pattern and looks great and
wasn't that costly.

Check some of these patterns one could use. Not an endorsement.

http://www.on-sitesystems.com/designs/film.htm

Oren

excused from saving Universes."

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

bud smith wrote:

One way glass with a curtin, shutter, or shade to cover it at night.

wrote in message
oups.com...

We currently have an ugly wondow with some kind of frosting (and paint
spattering) in the bathroom. It lets in light but you can't see out.

Are there any good types of one-way glass that can be used in a
bathroom so that people from the outside cant see in, even at night?

Is there something like a slightly obscured glass with a one way
coating that would do the job?

What is an affordable compromise?

Hi,
Easiest might be ordinary glass and tinting film of your choice.

Posted to alt.home.repair
bud smith

Hi,
Easiest might be ordinary glass and tinting film of your choice.

Agreed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

theres a window frosting spray like a thin whiite paint, works great

Posted to alt.home.repair

There is a "chemical" out there that can etch/frost glass. I think it's
an acid. You just apply it to the glass, let it set, and then wash it
off. Google it on the net using search terms like "glass etch acid."
You may be able to buy it at a hardware store, or a craft store.

wrote:
We currently have an ugly wondow with some kind of frosting (and paint
spattering) in the bathroom. It lets in light but you can't see out.

Are there any good types of one-way glass that can be used in a
bathroom so that people from the outside cant see in, even at night?

Is there something like a slightly obscured glass with a one way
coating that would do the job?

What is an affordable compromise?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Remember us people.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ing-83372-.htm

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 02:06 PM
Linux is Driving me $#@!!!! nutz!!! Gunner Metalworking 115 January 14th 06 08:49 PM
sash windows #3 update - 6mm thick glass Mark Watson UK diy 4 August 21st 05 07:30 PM
Replace glass in Andersen windows? Minnie Bannister Home Repair 8 November 20th 04 06:17 AM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 11:58 PM