DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What can hold a 1/64" drill bit? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/141023-what-can-hold-1-64-drill-bit.html)

dean January 19th 06 03:49 PM

What can hold a 1/64" drill bit?

I have to drill out a pin hole in a chainsaw part to 1/64". I've found
that size on line, but they are not mounted in any thicker bar, they
are 1/64 all they way up.

I have a dremmel, but I don't think that can hold used, as far as I can
see.

Thanks,

Dean

Frank K. January 19th 06 04:06 PM

What can hold a 1/64" drill bit?

You need a "pin vise". Go to www.mcmaster.com then type 2379
in the search box. They are at the bottom of the page. The
top one illustrated can be used in a hand or electric drill.

Frank

oups.com...

Edwin Pawlowski January 19th 06 04:46 PM

What can hold a 1/64" drill bit?

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have to drill out a pin hole in a chainsaw part to 1/64". I've found
that size on line, but they are not mounted in any thicker bar, they
are 1/64 all they way up.

I have a dremmel, but I don't think that can hold used, as far as I can
see.

A drill with a good chick. Cheaper chucks will usually go to 1/32 at best,
better ones can hold 1/64.

Bennett Price January 19th 06 05:55 PM

What can hold a 1/64" drill bit?

Dremel makes a variety of collets (chucks); the smaller sizes can grip
1/64" The #483 collet has maximum capacity of 1/32".

dean January 19th 06 10:20 PM

What can hold a 1/64" drill bit?

Its to drill out a pin hole in a decompression valve in a chainsaw.

Its probably not 1/64 after all, I may get by with a 1/32, which I
think my dewalt could handle.

Dean

George E. Cawthon January 20th 06 12:00 AM

What can hold a 1/64" drill bit?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have to drill out a pin hole in a chainsaw part to 1/64". I've found
that size on line, but they are not mounted in any thicker bar, they
are 1/64 all they way up.

I have a dremmel, but I don't think that can hold used, as far as I can
see.

A drill with a good chick. Cheaper chucks will usually go to 1/32 at best,
better ones can hold 1/64.

I've got a drill and a chick, but I don't think
she would like to be called a "chick." They make
small chucks that fit in the jaws of a regular
drill press chuck. Sounds one would want to use a
drill press anyway for a bit that small.