DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Slippery Bathtub (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/140678-slippery-bathtub.html)

grinder January 17th 06 02:18 PM

Slippery Bathtub

We have a shower / bathtub combination where the tub is toooooo
slippery to use as a shower. We have a suction cup mat in the bottom
of the tub and even it won't stay stationary. Both the tub and mat
are kept very clean.

Looking for advice on how to make the tub less slippery. Is there any
liquid cleaning solution I could use on the tub to take away the
slippery condition?

Any advice appreciated.

[email protected] January 17th 06 02:51 PM

Slippery Bathtub

There are adhesive strips on the market that are coated with a none
slip material that you can put in bottom of tub. They last for a long
time before needing replacement

Doug Kanter January 17th 06 03:33 PM

Slippery Bathtub

wrote in message
oups.com...
There are adhesive strips on the market that are coated with a none
slip material that you can put in bottom of tub. They last for a long
time before needing replacement

Just be sure to thoroughly clean the tub floor before applying these strips.
After using your usual cleaner, let it dry, and then wipe with isopropyl
alcohol until it's squeaky clean.

Joshua Putnam January 17th 06 06:08 PM

Slippery Bathtub

In article ,
says...
We have a shower / bathtub combination where the tub is toooooo
slippery to use as a shower. We have a suction cup mat in the bottom
of the tub and even it won't stay stationary. Both the tub and mat
are kept very clean.

Looking for advice on how to make the tub less slippery. Is there any
liquid cleaning solution I could use on the tub to take away the
slippery condition?

I took care of a similar tub problem once with non-slip floor wax on
the bottom of the tub. Worked fine, just had to reapply it every
month or so.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/