Posted to alt.home.repair
Hunter

Default Low Water Pressure in Fridge Dispenser... Help!

I have a Kenmore fridge that is about 3 years old. When I moved into
this house, the water dispenser (on the door) dripped so Sears came to
fix it (they replaced a valve where the water comes into the fridge -
and maybe adjusted it to reduce pressure???). I later found out that
my house had too strong of a pressure coming in from the meeter/street
(so I fixed that). Now the fridge water pressure seems very low (it
seems to take forever to fill up a glass of water). Any suggestions?
Is there an adjustment on the back valve? I looked but didn't see
anything too obvious. Please help if you have suggestions. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin Ricks

"Hunter" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Kenmore fridge that is about 3 years old. When I moved into
this house, the water dispenser (on the door) dripped so Sears came to
fix it (they replaced a valve where the water comes into the fridge -
and maybe adjusted it to reduce pressure???). I later found out that
my house had too strong of a pressure coming in from the meeter/street
(so I fixed that). Now the fridge water pressure seems very low (it
seems to take forever to fill up a glass of water). Any suggestions?
Is there an adjustment on the back valve? I looked but didn't see
anything too obvious. Please help if you have suggestions. Thanks.

Does your fridge have a built in water filter? If so the filter cartridge
may need to be changed.
Kevin

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven

Perhaps there is a kink in the line feeding the fridge? Especialy if plastic
line was used. Steven
"Hunter" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Kenmore fridge that is about 3 years old. When I moved into
this house, the water dispenser (on the door) dripped so Sears came to
fix it (they replaced a valve where the water comes into the fridge -
and maybe adjusted it to reduce pressure???). I later found out that
my house had too strong of a pressure coming in from the meeter/street
(so I fixed that). Now the fridge water pressure seems very low (it
seems to take forever to fill up a glass of water). Any suggestions?
Is there an adjustment on the back valve? I looked but didn't see
anything too obvious. Please help if you have suggestions. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:49:46 -0500, "Steven" wrote:

Perhaps there is a kink in the line feeding the fridge? Especialy if plastic
line was used. Steven

Don't ever use plastic or polyethylene line. It can spring a leak for
no reason, and spray water for weeks if you don't notice it. Replace
it with copper.

"Hunter" wrote in message
roups.com...
I have a Kenmore fridge that is about 3 years old. When I moved into
this house, the water dispenser (on the door) dripped so Sears came to
fix it (they replaced a valve where the water comes into the fridge -
and maybe adjusted it to reduce pressure???). I later found out that
my house had too strong of a pressure coming in from the meeter/street
(so I fixed that). Now the fridge water pressure seems very low (it
seems to take forever to fill up a glass of water). Any suggestions?
Is there an adjustment on the back valve? I looked but didn't see
anything too obvious. Please help if you have suggestions. Thanks.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

http://fixitnow.com/wp/category/ice-maker-repair/

Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl

do you have a self piercing saddle valve for the water tap? With the higher
pressure you may not have noticed it but its a definite no-no in terms of
flow rate.

"Hunter" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Kenmore fridge that is about 3 years old. When I moved into
this house, the water dispenser (on the door) dripped so Sears came to
fix it (they replaced a valve where the water comes into the fridge -
and maybe adjusted it to reduce pressure???). I later found out that
my house had too strong of a pressure coming in from the meeter/street
(so I fixed that). Now the fridge water pressure seems very low (it
seems to take forever to fill up a glass of water). Any suggestions?
Is there an adjustment on the back valve? I looked but didn't see
anything too obvious. Please help if you have suggestions. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Hunter" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Kenmore fridge that is about 3 years old. Now the fridge water
pressure seems very low (it
seems to take forever to fill up a glass of water). Any suggestions?
Is there an adjustment on the back valve? I looked but didn't see
anything too obvious. Please help if you have suggestions. Thanks.

What is the pressure in the line? It should be about 50 psi. At work, we
have 105 psi and no problems with anything. Did the change happen after you
reduced the pressure? Any other faucets or toilets affected?

Could be a few things. Saddle valve plugged, pressure too low, filter
plugged (some fridges have them built in), line kinked.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 03:26:16 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

What about those woven plastic tubes? Or the woven stainless steel tubes?

Personally, I don't know. Never heard of them. I just know that
polyethyllene is bad.

I have woven stainless steel over a rubber washing machine supply
hose. In a size for an ice maker or a humidifier, what is inside the
woven stainless steel? Something must be inside the the woven plastic
too.

"mm" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:49:46 -0500, "Steven" wrote:

Perhaps there is a kink in the line feeding the fridge? Especialy if
plastic
line was used. Steven

Don't ever use plastic or polyethylene line. It can spring a leak for
no reason, and spray water for weeks if you don't notice it. Replace
it with copper.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
WM

On 16 Jan 2006 15:13:35 -0800, "Hunter"
wrote:

I have a Kenmore fridge that is about 3 years old. When I moved into
this house, the water dispenser (on the door) dripped so Sears came to
fix it (they replaced a valve where the water comes into the fridge -
and maybe adjusted it to reduce pressure???). I later found out that
my house had too strong of a pressure coming in from the meeter/street
(so I fixed that). Now the fridge water pressure seems very low (it
seems to take forever to fill up a glass of water). Any suggestions?
Is there an adjustment on the back valve? I looked but didn't see
anything too obvious. Please help if you have suggestions. Thanks.

That water filter is the problem.
When new, it takes 22 seconds to fill a 16 oz bottle.
After 1 year it takes 65 secondes to fill.

I couldn't believe the price they wanted for that filter so I just
removed it and it now takes 20 seconds to fill.

I've now added a whole house water filter on the wall behind the
fridge. It takes 21 seconds to fill.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev

Edwin, you recommend 50 psi- isn't that on the high side for water
heater, dishwasher? I thought it was supposed to be about 30.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Hunter

I have the proper amount of pressure coming into the house (recently
replaced the regulator - it is 50 psi, I think). Yes, there is a
filter in the fridge (on the front bottom panel - under the doors). It
may need to be changed... however, the pressure has been low with
previous filters new and old. I will try replacing the filter (or as
WM suggested, removing it completely). Thanks for all the advice
everyone! I really value these groups. - Hunter

Posted to alt.home.repair

might be a bad saddle valve, try closing and opening, most likely a
clogged filter

Posted to alt.home.repair
Buzz

I replaced the plastic supply line with a stainless steel line and my
fill times dropped by half. The stainless steel line is pricey but
then again so is my time at the fridge.

Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 25th 05 11:34 PM
Better Water Pressure For Only Ten Cents [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 18th 05 03:35 AM
Water Pump / Pressure Tank Problem !!!!!! James Nipper Home Repair 9 June 28th 04 02:13 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM