DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to Find Info on Natural Gas Plumbing (?) (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/140383-where-find-info-natural-gas-plumbing.html)

tbl January 15th 06 07:42 PM

Where to Find Info on Natural Gas Plumbing (?)

After searching for hours, I can't find squat on gas
plumbing codes or info, except places wanting to sell code
books for big money.

Anyone here know some good links? Books under $35?
--
Thanks,
tbl

Bob January 15th 06 08:51 PM

Where to Find Info on Natural Gas Plumbing (?)

For l.p. (propane), I use a Rego Products (Engineered Controls International
Inc. / EEII) 'LP-Gas Serviceman's Manual'. I don't know if they make one for
natural gas. Maybe you're searching with the wrong wording. 'Plumbing' is
going to bring back different results than 'piping'. A Google search for:
natural + gas + line + sizing, came up with lots of links like this:
http://www.tanklesswaterheaters.com/sizingtable.html

SQLit January 15th 06 08:57 PM

"tbl" wrote in message
After searching for hours, I can't find squat on gas
plumbing codes or info, except places wanting to sell code
books for big money.

Anyone here know some good links? Books under $35?
--
Thanks,
tbl

I have some pdf files that I found about natural gas.

Google has 2,190,000 hits for natural gas piping.

Your question is vague. Want to narrow the situation down to a county or
two.

zero January 16th 06 01:49 AM

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:42:34 GMT, tbl wrote:

After searching for hours, I can't find squat on gas
plumbing codes or info, except places wanting to sell code
books for big money.

Anyone here know some good link

Try Googleing _NFPA 54_.

-zero

tbl January 16th 06 08:01 PM

Where to Find Info on Natural Gas Plumbing (?)

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:51:56 -0500, "Bob"
wrote:

For l.p. (propane), I use a Rego Products (Engineered Controls International
Inc. / EEII) 'LP-Gas Serviceman's Manual'. I don't know if they make one for
natural gas. Maybe you're searching with the wrong wording. 'Plumbing' is
going to bring back different results than 'piping'.

Excellent thought!

--
Thanks,
tbl

tbl January 16th 06 08:01 PM

Where to Find Info on Natural Gas Plumbing (?)

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 01:49:57 GMT, zero
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:42:34 GMT, tbl wrote:

After searching for hours, I can't find squat on gas
plumbing codes or info, except places wanting to sell code
books for big money.

Anyone here know some good link

Try Googleing _NFPA 54_.

Will do.
--
Thanks,
tbl

Rick Shaw January 22nd 06 05:09 AM

Where to Find Info on Natural Gas Plumbing (?)

If you live in a decent size town, try your local Public Library.
If you don't find what you want on the shelves ask the Librarian, they can
quickly search other Library branches to see if they have what you want.

Rick

Tim Killian January 22nd 06 08:01 AM

Where to Find Info on Natural Gas Plumbing (?)

Ask at your city or county permit office. The people there are usually
pretty helpful. Most municipalities follow the standard codes (2000
International Fuel Gas Code, 2000 Uniform Plumbing Code) but there are
exceptions, so check.