DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shelf: Dowel/bolt Mount... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/140329-shelf-dowel-bolt-mount.html)

waves2ya January 15th 06 02:53 PM

Shelf: Dowel/bolt Mount...

Greetings alt.home.repair guru's...

I am searching for a shelf system where I can mount shelf (hold about
50 pd of books) with no visable hardware. I imagine the mounting
system would be a bolt mounted in wall that would extend through shelf
(hidden after mount).

Is there a name for this shelving process - something I can buy...?

TIA for ideas...

Kathy January 15th 06 04:13 PM

Shelf: Dowel/bolt Mount...

ups.com...

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/diy_ki...385850,00.html

Jim Elbrecht January 15th 06 05:25 PM

Shelf: Dowel/bolt Mount...

On 15 Jan 2006 06:53:56 -0800, "waves2ya" wrote:

Greetings alt.home.repair guru's...

I am searching for a shelf system where I can mount shelf (hold about
50 pd of books) with no visable hardware. I imagine the mounting
system would be a bolt mounted in wall that would extend through shelf
(hidden after mount).

Is there a name for this shelving process - something I can buy...?

Blind shelf support- or Invisible shelf support.

If you're going to use at least 4/4 lumber- these are pretty good---
and I can vouch for LeeValley being an excellent business to deal
with-
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43648,43649

Jim