DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ice Dispenser gone CRAZY! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/140111-ice-dispenser-gone-crazy.html)

Rick January 13th 06 10:13 PM

Ice Dispenser gone CRAZY!

Reference: Maytag frig MSD-2758-DRQ, 6 yrs old.

Hello. I was recently standing by the refrig (really!) when the ice
dispenser door opened but nothing would come out. I pressed all
buttons on the control panel and pressed the ice dispensor pad to
dispense ice but the door remained open with the solenoid running. No
ice would come out and the auger did not run. When I opened the
freezer door the solenoid would shut off. Shutting the freezer door
caused the solenoid to run "open". I needed some time to find my star
sockets to remove the wire connection and by the time I returned (5
minutes), the solenoid smelled like it burned out. I then removed the
red insulated wire to the solenoid and was able to use the frig again,
albeit without ice dispense. This happened just after the defrost
control module failed, which I replaced the next day.

After I replaced the defrost control module, the solenoid appears not
to constantly run, however it is bad; the ice door now only opens about
1/4". For the last year, the switch that actuates the water and ice
would sometimes stick, so I'd like to replace that switch too.

What parts do I need?

Thanks in advance.

Appliance Repair Aid January 14th 06 01:05 PM

Ice Dispenser gone CRAZY!

Hi,

Chances are....

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=940492
Solenoid and door kit, ice dispenser

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=778121
Dispenser control board - series 10, 11, 12

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=824699
Dispenser control board - series 14
( series is the firts 2 digits of your serial # )

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=844414
Switch, limit

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=666289
Actuator pad, dispenser

http://tinyurl.com/9omws
Breakdown pic.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

m Ransley January 14th 06 01:34 PM

Ice Dispenser gone CRAZY!

Pick the right ballast, cheap ones dont work well under 50f, HD may not
be the best place for ballasts.

Rick January 15th 06 02:13 PM

Ice Dispenser gone CRAZY!

Thanks Appliance Repair Aid! I'll start with the Solenoid kit, switch
and pad, then work to more expensive items should it be required. With
the defrost module replaced, now the keypad controls appear to work
properly, so I don't believe I need a new (expensive) printed circuit
board.