DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   propane water heater venting (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/139543-propane-water-heater-venting.html)

Diane January 10th 06 01:41 AM

propane water heater venting

Currently putting on low-profile barrel tile roof on "weathered in"
addition, so considering options for venting the future water heater. I'm
leaning towards a wall vent vs. a roof vent to avoid another roof
penetration and potential flashing problems with the tile. Intuitively I
think I would prefer to have a non-powered unit. Had the propane co. tech
(who does their plumbing work) out, but he wasn't real familiar with through
the wall venting. Have googled a bit & looked at the non-powered unit on
the Bradford-White site. Plan to talk to my local plumbing supply and try
to find a local familiar with wall vented units, but sure would appreciate
some opinions before I get to the part of the roof where I would have to put
the vent if that option turns out to be better for some reason.