DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   G E dryer woes (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/139128-g-e-dryer-woes.html)

M&D January 8th 06 03:11 PM

G E dryer woes

I have a GE dryer that stops turning once it gets warm....The element stays
on but the drum stops turning until it cools off...Is there an overheat
switch or something that is easy to replace?....Mark

Ed January 8th 06 08:53 PM

G E dryer woes

I sounds like a grouned heating element. One way to test this is to set the
timer to where you normally would, don't start the dryer. Open the door and
press and hold the door switch button. If you see a glow then most likely
the heater is grounded and needs to be replaced.