DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Type of paint for bathroom walls and ceiling (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/138977-type-paint-bathroom-walls-ceiling.html)

Myrna January 6th 06 05:11 PM

Type of paint for bathroom walls and ceiling

HI - I'm about to paint two bathrooms and before I buy paint I need
some help. I had wall paper for a long time. After removing the paper
in one of the baths, we found that mildew (orange - is this mildew?)
was growing on the ceiling. In this room the ceiling is shiny which I
think is not the right thing. Not sure if removal of the paper had
anything to do with this.

In the other bath, I had water damage on the ceiling. This ceiling is
done in flat. It took a long time (over 10 years) for the damage to
occur and then the paint became crazed.

I've read that bathrooms should not be done in flat paint but I'm not
sure what is recommended. I don't like when the walls look shiny. I've
picked a Home Depot Behr paint color. We've had good luck with this
brand in other rooms. I know Benjamin Moore is supposed to be a better
paint and we've used that a lot over the years. But the cost has gotten
out of sight.

So I am looking for guidance on ceiling paint as well as wall paint in
bathrooms that do not have ventilation fans. I don't plan to install
this either.