Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Goodman Heat Pump

Kathy wrote:
"Bubba " ReMoVe wrote in
message

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 04:04:55 GMT, CJT

wrote:

Bubba wrote:

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:32:20 GMT, WM

wrote:

Thank you Kathy. Great Answer.

Most hvac people hate goodmans because the

brand cuts so deeply into

their profits.
Goodman sells more units and with a better

warranty than any other

brand. Every goodman install means that much

less money for these

guys and their high priced, high profit items.
Goodman has had the best warrany in the field

for several years and

they stand by their warranty so anybody that

claims that goodmans are

junk are lying thru their teeth. Don't

believe anything they say.

WM

You're right. I love Goodmans. I wish everyone

single person in the

world had one. I would become rich quick.

Bottomless money pits is

what Goodmans are. I replace parts after parts

after parts on them.

Cha Ching.
Bubba

snip

Right. That must be why you spend so much time

bad-mouthing them.

I look at it this way. If they only cost half

as much as the model

you'd prefer to install, then they only need to

last half as long

to be cost-effective. Bottom line, it's all

economics.

In fact, the breakeven time is probably less

than half, because

if you replace one with new at the halfway

point, you're likely

to have improved technology for the second half.

CJT,
Are you really that retarted? So you think

installing a unit half the

cost, twice, is better? What about the installing

labor cost? Your

economics thinking is a little warped. If you are

purchasing Goodman

equipment wholesale and can get parts wholesale

and do your own

repairs then I can say, YES, Goodman would be a

good buy for you.

Personally, I wouldnt have a Goodman in my home.

Do I sell them? You

bet your ass I do. If someone insists on a cheap

install, Im happy to

help and they get a Goodman. Instead of them

getting the standard "One

year free service" by us they get the 90 day

warranty. Why? Because

its going to break. They want cheap, thats what

they get. You want

something better, I can do that too. The customer

is always right and

I give them what they want.
Bubba

You know,... you guys keep stressing how important
the installer is.
And then you only give a 1 year warranty on your
"better" line? Is it the equipment or your
installers that you don't trust? The company I work
for gives 5 years on Goodman. They(Goodman)
warranty the parts and I guess my boss just has
better guys doing installatons than you do because
he's not losing any money. Go figure. BTW, there
are exceptions to the warranty such as filters and
condensate pumps.

Not only that, but I think their arguments would have a bit
more credibility if they were more civil when presenting them.
What I've read here doesn't exactly inspire confidence in these
"professionals."

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

wrote:

[...]

They give 5 years warranty on labor??? I find that hard to believe unless
they charge extra up front. We are pretty generous by giving 2 years. Parts
are 5 years, and then whatever the manufacturer offers (10 years on
compressor, limited lifetime on heat exchangers, etc.).

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to kam, Dan Rickert wrote:
Did you ever find a manual for this unit? I actually have one still in
operation and need to know what the capacitor size is. I don't trust the one
that's in the unit now and I don't know how else to figure out what the
capacitance is other than to read the manual.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ump-77188-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

https://www.goodmanmfg.com/support

--
Ever notice the shortage of "armed law-abiding citizen victim tragedy
stories in the news?