DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   "Clean Check" backvalve experience? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/138809-clean-check-backvalve-experience.html)

[email protected] January 5th 06 09:24 PM

"Clean Check" backvalve experience?

Does anyone have any experience with this product (or comments on what
they say)?

http://www.cleancheck.net

My sewer guy warns me that many 'flapper'-type valves are prone to
failure - I wonder if this product is a possible solution since it can
be removed and cleaned without needing a manhole in my yard (or digging
up the yard).

TIA,

Scott

Speedy Jim January 5th 06 09:38 PM

wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this product (or comments on what
they say)?

http://www.cleancheck.net

My sewer guy warns me that many 'flapper'-type valves are prone to
failure - I wonder if this product is a possible solution since it can
be removed and cleaned without needing a manhole in my yard (or digging
up the yard).

TIA,

Scott

No experience with that one but it looks like a great device.

Does he say if your city will approve it?

Jim

Bob January 5th 06 10:00 PM

"Clean Check" backvalve experience?

It looks like it would be harder to repair / unclog / replace. The flapper
type can clog when they are installed in a vertical pipe. My supply house
says to put them in a horizontal pipe whenever possible.

oups.com...

Art January 6th 06 02:02 AM

"Clean Check" backvalve experience?

I've had a flapper type in my basement for 8 years without problems. I did
replace the first one because it had a junky case. The top screwed on with
4 screws and seemed capable of leaking under pressure. What good is a
backflow valve that might leak. The second one had a nice screw on cap with
gasket system. Both use a flapper with no issues to date.

oups.com...

[email protected] January 6th 06 07:21 PM

Speedy Jim wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with this product (or comments on what
they say)?

http://www.cleancheck.net

My sewer guy warns me that many 'flapper'-type valves are prone to
failure - I wonder if this product is a possible solution since it can
be removed and cleaned without needing a manhole in my yard (or digging
up the yard).

TIA,

Scott

No experience with that one but it looks like a great device.

Does he say if your city will approve it?

Jim

I'd still have to find out about that.

Scott