Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Default Studor/Air Admittance Valve

I need to put one in for a basement sink (yes, it's allowed by code in
my area)

http://www.plumbingstore.com/autovent.html

Can someone tell me why I would want to buy the Studor brand for $25
when I can get the generic for $3? What am I missing? TIA.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Larry Bud wrote:

I need to put one in for a basement sink (yes, it's allowed by code in
my area)

http://www.plumbingstore.com/autovent.html

Can someone tell me why I would want to buy the Studor brand for $25
when I can get the generic for $3? What am I missing? TIA.

The Studor is found to be more rleiable over time.
But the $3 one *does* work well.

Your pick.

Jim

Air admittance valve in place of soil pipe [email protected] UK diy 12 October 18th 05 10:56 AM
Air Admittance Valve pizza UK diy 13 December 22nd 04 06:11 PM
change washer hookup --- but no shutoff valve in sight! fixhouse Home Repair 8 December 6th 04 02:57 PM
Slightly tricky plumbing question Andrew Koenig Home Ownership 3 November 6th 03 09:45 PM
Air Admittance Valve - advice Jonathan@Home UK diy 13 July 11th 03 12:56 PM