DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GE Dryer Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/136923-ge-dryer-problem.html)

LCZ December 24th 05 01:32 AM

GE Dryer Problem

Having problem with dryer. Drum turns and it heats a little, but not
enough. I check venting from dryer to outside, no obstructions. I turned
off lights and opened door (hold switch in) and started dryer. I expected
to see the heating elements very clearly light/heat up. I didn't. I did
feel some heat but it was very little. Dryer is about 3 years old. Model
number DBSR45EB2WW. Could this be a bad high level thermostat? Thaks
Larry

Mark December 24th 05 02:49 AM

GE Dryer Problem

LCZ wrote:
Having problem with dryer. Drum turns and it heats a little, but not
enough. I check venting from dryer to outside, no obstructions. I turned
off lights and opened door (hold switch in) and started dryer. I expected
to see the heating elements very clearly light/heat up. I didn't. I did
feel some heat but it was very little. Dryer is about 3 years old. Model
number DBSR45EB2WW. Could this be a bad high level thermostat? Thaks
Larry

Gas dryer or electric?

If electric, it probably runs on 240Volts, maybe one side of your feed
is bad, typically the motor runs on 120 Volts and the heat on 240
Volts... check the breakers in the breaker box.

Mark

Tony Hwang December 24th 05 03:47 AM

GE Dryer Problem

LCZ wrote:

Having problem with dryer. Drum turns and it heats a little, but not
enough. I check venting from dryer to outside, no obstructions. I turned
off lights and opened door (hold switch in) and started dryer. I expected
to see the heating elements very clearly light/heat up. I didn't. I did
feel some heat but it was very little. Dryer is about 3 years old. Model
number DBSR45EB2WW. Could this be a bad high level thermostat? Thaks
Larry

Hi,
Sounds like heating element is getting half juice(should run on 220V).
High level thermostat has no business in this case.
Tony

buffalobill December 24th 05 09:52 AM

GE Dryer Problem

try
http://fixitnow.com/

http://www.repairclinic.com/0100_20.asp

Ed December 24th 05 10:10 AM

GE Dryer Problem

"LCZ" wrote in message
Having problem with dryer. Drum turns and it heats a little, but not
enough. I check venting from dryer to outside, no obstructions. I turned
off lights and opened door (hold switch in) and started dryer. I expected
to see the heating elements very clearly light/heat up. I didn't. I did
feel some heat but it was very little. Dryer is about 3 years old. Model
number DBSR45EB2WW. Could this be a bad high level thermostat? Thaks
Larry

Without a multi-tester you'll just be guessing. That could get expensive.
Buy a cheap tester and check your voltage, if ok then you can test
components with ohm meter function.

Appliance Repair Aid December 24th 05 12:37 PM

GE Dryer Problem

LCZ wrote:
Having problem with dryer. Drum turns and it heats a little, but not
enough. I check venting from dryer to outside, no obstructions. I turned
off lights and opened door (hold switch in) and started dryer. I expected
to see the heating elements very clearly light/heat up. I didn't. I did
feel some heat but it was very little. Dryer is about 3 years old. Model
number DBSR45EB2WW. Could this be a bad high level thermostat? Thaks
Larry

Hi,

Could this be a bad high level thermostat?

Sure. Could be bad elements, bad operating thermostat(s), bad timer,
bad motor heat switch, bad selector switch, burnt/loose wire.....

http://www.applianceaid.com/ge-dryers.html

I'd check the elements as a place to start, do a visual inspection.

DBSR45EB2WW

Closest I found was DBSR453EB2WW

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=844418
Heating element assembly with housing

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=824395
Heating element coils only

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

[email protected] December 24th 05 02:52 PM

GE Dryer Problem

Most dryers have three to four seperate heater circuits with thermo
switches of different degrees. To maintain different temp settings. My
guess is that some of these thermo swithces are shot and bneed
replaced. Not an expensive repair if you can DIYS.
Jack