DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dishmaster drip--It happened again (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/136256-dishmaster-drip-happened-again.html)

Salmon Egg December 19th 05 01:52 AM

Dishmaster drip--It happened again

I had posted here a few days ago about my Dishmaster Imperial Four leaking.
I found that I was getting a big leak, really a flow rather than a mere
drip. By loosening the screw holding the handle onto the stem's spline and
rotating it back two notches (so I could tighten more) on the stem's spline,
I was able to get the the leak to stop with the extra force on the seat.
After a few days, the leak went away even if I did not tighten the faucet
all the way. I then rotated the handle back to the original orientation on
the stem. There was no leak for a few days.

Then suddenly, the big leak came back. As described above, I tightened more
again. The leak stopped again. What can be happening that makes the leak
come and go?

I did not take the faucet apart since the last time I replaced parts. IIRC,
and I may be wrong, There are no washers in the normal sense. There is a
rotating flat seal with a hole in it. There is some kind of an elastomer
bushing that presses upon the seal and slides.

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

buffalobill December 19th 05 02:02 AM

Dishmaster drip--It happened again