DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maytag Washing Machine: How Do They Adj. Water Temp. ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/136251-maytag-washing-machine-how-do-they-adj-water-temp.html)

Robert11 December 18th 05 11:53 PM

Maytag Washing Machine: How Do They Adj. Water Temp. ?

Hello:

We have a Maytag Neptune Washing Machine purchased in 2003 (Horiz. model)

Anyone happen to know how they adjust the water temp's that you select like
"warm", etc. ?

Is there an actual thermostat, or do they just "time" the e.g., cold inflow
of water, or are there
different orifice openings to control amount of, or... ?

Thanks,
bob

Bob December 19th 05 12:51 AM

"Robert11" wrote in message ...
Hello:

We have a Maytag Neptune Washing Machine purchased in 2003 (Horiz. model)

Anyone happen to know how they adjust the water temp's that you select like
"warm", etc. ?

Is there an actual thermostat, or do they just "time" the e.g., cold inflow
of water, or are there
different orifice openings to control amount of, or... ?

Hot = all hot water
Warm = hot and cold
Cold = all cold water

If you want to adjust the "warm", adjust the faucets that feed the washer
hoses. Turn down the cold to make it hotter - turn down the hot to make it colder.

Bob

Appliance Repair Aid December 19th 05 01:33 AM

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

We have a Maytag Neptune Washing Machine purchased in 2003 (Horiz. model)

Anyone happen to know how they adjust the water temp's that you select like
"warm", etc. ?

Is there an actual thermostat, or do they just "time" the e.g., cold inflow
of water, or are there
different orifice openings to control amount of, or... ?

Thanks,
bob

Hi,

No model# posted....but many have a temp thermistor built into the fill
valve that senses the temp of the incomming water to the washer tub and
the control board will adjust the fills depending on what is needed.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/