Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
caledon

Default repairing plaster on bathroom ceiling

Hi,

I wondered if anyone had any pointers on how to go about repairing the
plaster on my bathrooom ceiling. The house is 105 years old with all
the original plaster. I gather that over the years there had been a
leak in the roof that was not repaired, which damaged the ceiling in
the upstairs bathroom. I now have a new roof, so no more leaks,
however, I have to tackle the plaster in the bathroom. The difficult
part is, it is damaged around the "pipe/vent" thingy..... I am
considering a couple of things...1. repairing the plaster then covering
the entire ceiling with that paintable embossed wallpaper that has the
old victorian look or 2. simply trying to repair the plaster just in
that area and no ceiling paper. However, I wondered if there is some
kind of "cowling" that I can put around it to give it a better
"finished look". Kind of like something that you would put around a
woodstove pipe that goes into the ceilng? To get a better idea of what
I am talking about I have posted pictures. This is the link:
http://www.maddawg.net/house/bath.html

thanks.
janet