DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Soil Level Around Foundation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/135762-soil-level-around-foundation.html)

Craig Davis December 15th 05 04:10 AM

Soil Level Around Foundation

I have been told that the soil around my house is too high for a buyer to
get an FHA loan. The high soil is conducive to termite infestation. How
much of the foundation should be above the soil to get an FHA loan?

Abe December 15th 05 08:24 AM

Soil Level Around Foundation

I have been told that the soil around my house is too high for a buyer to
get an FHA loan. The high soil is conducive to termite infestation. How
much of the foundation should be above the soil to get an FHA loan?

Don't know about the loan part, but 6" to 12" of exposed foundation is
considered normal.