Posted to alt.home.repair
William Stacy

Default York heat pump

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

Notwithstanding, outdoors unit on heat pumps will freeze up under certain
weather conditions, thus blocking airflow .....

So most units will have controls hardware installed that forces them into
into a reverse cycle mode in order that mass airflow capacity through the
outside coils can be regained--the outdoor fan will stop, yet the compressor
and indoors unit still runs....most notably, very cold air will be
typoically be felt coming from the inside supply registers if there is no
active backup heat during defrost.

Now suggest post in alt.home repair if you have any more questions about
this, usually plenty of folks there who will wish to explain this all in
every minute detail.

As it turns out, I was only experiencing the normal defrost cycle you
mentioned above, and thanks for that explanation. I don't need to go to
homerepair for any minute detail. If I have any more questions, I'll
brave all the pathetic and hysterical b.s. from some of the regulars
around here to get some real info from an expert like yourself. If you
ever need eye advice, stop by sci.med.vision which is where I hang out.
Nobody there trys to keep the public out, and not much bandwidth is
wasted there on off topic babble.

bill

Cheap heating Russell Eberhardt UK diy 91 October 27th 05 02:30 PM
My first Heat Pump JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk Home Repair 6 December 3rd 04 08:12 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 09:45 PM
Followup: York heat pump replacement - quote sounds high, thoughts? Peter Drier Home Repair 5 June 26th 04 08:31 AM
Replace of Heat Pump or Get new system? OKE Home Ownership 1 May 15th 04 08:16 PM