DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Disappointed with Maytag quality (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/133707-re-disappointed-maytag-quality.html)

[email protected] December 1st 05 01:59 PM

Disappointed with Maytag quality

Yeah, this really ****es me off, like the integrated plastic
refrigerator shelf support that is so prone to failure that they
introduce a repair kit and then charge stupid amout of money for it! As
far as I am concerned this is really a design defect that they should
fix for free.

We have good and bad experiences but unfortunately for Maytag it takes
many more than 1 good to cancel a bad.

Our Neptune washer and drier have been awsome after the mold issue was
fixed in the first 6 months. Unfortunately it took a chance discussion
with a service tech to be informed about this upgrade. Maytag weren't
exactly forthcoming. 6 year on and 5+ loads per week they are still
going strong.

Now the side by side refrigerator. That's a heap of crap.
Buckled liner, 8 weeks to replace under warranty. Water dispenser
mysteriously turning itself on, new control board.
Water dispenser mysteriously turning itself on again, yes another new
control board. I bitched enough about this second failure that they
reimbursed me for both control boards.
Cheap plastic crisper drawer support breaking, $15+S&H for a stupid
little piece of replacement plastic.
Coolong failure in refrigerator, adaptive defrost control board
replaced.

Dishwasher (6yrs) has been OK.