DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   thermstatic valves (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/133529-thermstatic-valves.html)

Tony Kendall November 30th 05 03:46 PM

thermstatic valves

We havec recently changed our boiler from a conventional boiler to a condenser combi, feeding 7 radiators.The problem we are having is that the the rads are hot at the top but cool at the bottom. We have thermostatic valves on the rads and they sare all turned up full. Can anyone suggested how i can solve this problem. Do i need thermostatic valves on all the rads or can i change them

Speedy Jim November 30th 05 04:54 PM

thermstatic valves

Tony Kendall wrote:

We havec recently changed our boiler from a conventional boiler to a
condenser combi,

SNIP

Post to this group: UK.D-I-Y
Jim

mm November 30th 05 11:57 PM

thermstatic valves

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:46:10 +0000, Tony Kendall
wrote:

We havec recently changed our boiler from a conventional boiler to a
condenser combi, feeding 7 radiators.The problem we are having is that
the the rads are hot at the top but cool at the bottom. We have
thermostatic valves on the rads and they sare all turned up full. Can
anyone suggested how i can solve this problem. Do i need thermostatic
valves on all the rads or can i change them

Aren't thermostatic valves meant to *lower* the amount of steam or hot
water that reaches a radiator?**

Your problem is that you don't have enough heat, iiuc. The tops are
hot because heat rises. Hot water and steam rise.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.