Posted to alt.home.repair

Default replacement watts washing machine shut-off doesn't fit

I am replacing a Watts single lever laundry shut-off valve that leaks
at the lever. The replacement unit is Watts SKU# 0006644.

The problem is the I want to use the sweated on elbows from the old one
and the recess where they fit into the unit with an O-ring are
different on the new one so it does not seal tight.

I did install it using a fiber washer and the o-ring and tightened the
h_ll out of it. I am not sire that will hold up...

Does anyone have another solution for using the replacement shut-off
with the old elbows?

Thanks! Jim