DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Zone Valve Wiring (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/133352-zone-valve-wiring.html)

Dave November 29th 05 12:08 AM

Zone Valve Wiring

Hi all,
I have a zone valve problem. I have two zone valves on a hot water baseboard
heating system. The basement zone valve allways seem to be in 'open'
position. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? I think it is wired
wrong. Can anyone tell me how the wires on a zone valve should be wired?

Thanks,
Dave.

Dr. Hardcrab November 29th 05 12:17 AM

Zone Valve Wiring

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a zone valve problem. I have two zone valves on a hot water
baseboard heating system. The basement zone valve allways seem to be in
'open' position. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? I think it
is wired wrong. Can anyone tell me how the wires on a zone valve should be
wired?

Most zone vlaves have the wiring diagram printed right on the power head.
Check it and see.....

Charlie November 29th 05 12:49 AM

Zone Valve Wiring

Sounds like your zone valve is stuck open. You can try hitting it to loosen.
If that works it probably will not work for long.
Sounds like you need a new zone valve. How old is the one you have, if it is
anywhere close to 10 years most likely needs replacing.

buffalobill November 29th 05 12:33 PM

Zone Valve Wiring

check its automatic/manual lever.

see also: