DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Metal Halide Arc bulbs for home? Crazy? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/133288-re-metal-halide-arc-bulbs-home-crazy.html)

FDR November 28th 05 05:52 PM

Metal Halide Arc bulbs for home? Crazy?

"Ignoramus4324" wrote in message
I wonder if I can use the following bulbs to light varios areas of my
home where I like to have a lot of light:

400 watt BT37 Mogul Base Coated Horizontal Burn +/- 15 degrees High
Output Position Oriented Metal Halide Sylvania Light Bulb
(Sylvania MS400/3K/HOR 64498)

Our Part #: SL64498
Manufacturer: Sylvania
Manufacturer Code: MS400/3K/HOR
Price: $93.99 Each
Case Size: 6 ($563.94/Case)
Specifications
Light Output: 33,500 lumens
Energy Used: 400 watts
Average Lifetime: 20,000 hours
Bulb Type: BT37
Base Type: Position Oriented Mogul
Color: 3,200K
CRI: 70
Length: 11.5 inches

Our local YMCA has high discharge lamps in the pool area. They are faced
towards the ceiling whicj is metallic and reflects the light down.

m Ransley November 28th 05 06:04 PM

Metal Halide Arc bulbs for home? Crazy?

Alot of buildings Might use them maybe HD lowes menards etc, go ask what
they use and see how bright it is, pointed up it may be ok, but bright
im sure there are UV lenses available or built in now as standard in
interior fixtures