Posted to alt.home.repair
KD

Default Dishwasher with water in the bottom

Hi folks:

The last couple of cycles, I've noticed that my dishwasher hadn't done as
good a job as usual on a few pieces, but didn't think much of it. Tonight
though, as I'm filling 'er up I happened to notice that there's a bit of
water in the bottom. Just a smidgen, at the lower part of the bottom where
there's a screen, which in theory filters out some of the gunk before it
runs down the pipes.

Does this suggest a clog? If I run my dishwasher now, will I get a flood?
And if it IS a clog, is this a DIY job or is professional help required?

Thanks

KD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"KD" wrote in message

The last couple of cycles, I've noticed that my dishwasher hadn't done as
good a job as usual on a few pieces, but didn't think much of it. Tonight
though, as I'm filling 'er up I happened to notice that there's a bit of
water in the bottom. Just a smidgen, at the lower part of the bottom where
there's a screen, which in theory filters out some of the gunk before it
runs down the pipes.

Could be a glog, could be a weak pump, could be too short a time on the
timer.

Does this suggest a clog? If I run my dishwasher now, will I get a flood?
And if it IS a clog, is this a DIY job or is professional help required?

There is a safety switch to prevent overfilling so you should not get a
flood.
For more information, try www.applianceaid.com or www.repairclinic.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Our GE had to have two flapper valves replaced.
Several theories were tested.
Local water has so much trash in it that the rubber-like valves were
destroyed.
TB

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 00:12:42 GMT, "KD" wrote:

Hi folks:

The last couple of cycles, I've noticed that my dishwasher hadn't done as
good a job as usual on a few pieces, but didn't think much of it. Tonight
though, as I'm filling 'er up I happened to notice that there's a bit of
water in the bottom. Just a smidgen, at the lower part of the bottom where
there's a screen, which in theory filters out some of the gunk before it
runs down the pipes.

Does this suggest a clog? If I run my dishwasher now, will I get a flood?

Dopn't know about all brands but mine turns off the water when it is
full enough. No flood, unless that part is broken too.

When my Kenmore wouldn't pump out, it was a tiny chicken bone in the
air gap. I still don't know how that kept it from pumping, but it
did. it was half of the bone that parallels the big drumstick bone.

And if it IS a clog, is this a DIY job or is professional help required?

Thanks

KD

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Dishwasher can get plugged by food. It typically should empty
completely. Remove screen and clean out particles with spoon, or wet
vac. Be sure to run garbage grinder a few befor eyou start the
dishwasher (if you have one) to clean out any food buildup.

CL

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door() into
the sheepfold{}, but climbeth up some other *way, the same is a thief
and a robber."

GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
82A6 8893 C2A1 F64E A9AD 19AE 55B2 4CD7 80D2 0A2D
Posted to alt.home.repair
nospambob

My understanding is the small amount of water in the bottom is
designed to keep the internal parts of the pump from drying out.
Operative word is "small"

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:13:00 -0500, "CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert"
wrote:

Dishwasher can get plugged by food. It typically should empty
completely. Remove screen and clean out particles with spoon, or wet
vac. Be sure to run garbage grinder a few befor eyou start the
dishwasher (if you have one) to clean out any food buildup.

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...
"KD" wrote in message

(snip)

There is a safety switch to prevent overfilling so you should not get a
flood.

Yeah, that was what I thought, too. Fortunately, I noticed in time to
prevent a major flood. Ended up siphoning out the water. Said the hell with
it, based on age and expected remaining lifespan, and replaced the whole
thing.

aem sends....

Tankless water heaters Edward Grant Home Repair 11 September 13th 05 12:42 AM
connecting water supply to new dishwasher Bill Home Repair 4 August 3rd 05 02:23 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM