Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question on re-glazing windows

Finally got around to putting up the screens on the windows and
realized/remembered that I'd wanted to reglaze a few this summer and
forgot to. Does anyone know if I can use regular glazing compound or
the glazing stuff in a caulking tubes while the temps are in the low 30
to 40s?? I know its pushing it but like I said I completely forgot
during warm weather and they REALLY need some attention.

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

No The regular DAP glazing, 'DAP 33', should not be used below 40 degrees,
according to the manufacturer. See

http://www.dap.com/docs/tech/00010401.pdf
"NOTE: Do not apply DAP® '33' Glazing when air or sash temperature are below
40°F. Do not apply during damp or rainy weather. Do not apply if rain is
forecasted within 24 hours. Do not apply when air or sash temperature
exceeds 90°F."

If you can fing a 40 deg, or warmer, day then go for it.

oups.com...