DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Soap dispenser (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/133004-soap-dispenser.html)

miamicuse November 26th 05 10:14 PM

Soap dispenser

I have a undermount soap dispenser that I THOUGHT were out of order - won't
pump the land soap. Until I decided to take it apart and cleaned it. Then
I filled the sink with water and tried it and it pumped fine. Went back to
the soap - won't pump. Strange. I then filled the bottle with dish
detergent, and it pumped fine. So the only difference is the soap which is
thicker (more viscous). I thought high end soap dispenser (mine I think is
a BrassTech cost like $68.00) should be able to pump thicker fluid even
lotion. Strange.

MC

Rich Greenberg November 26th 05 11:20 PM

Soap dispenser

In article ,
miamicuse wrote:
I have a undermount soap dispenser that I THOUGHT were out of order - won't
pump the land soap. Until I decided to take it apart and cleaned it. Then
I filled the sink with water and tried it and it pumped fine. Went back to
the soap - won't pump. Strange. I then filled the bottle with dish
detergent, and it pumped fine. So the only difference is the soap which is
thicker (more viscous). I thought high end soap dispenser (mine I think is
a BrassTech cost like $68.00) should be able to pump thicker fluid even
lotion. Strange.

Did it ever work? If so, I suspect that it needs more cleaning, its
still partly clogged.

Shaun Eli November 27th 05 02:30 AM

Soap dispenser

If the soap you bought was the extra-concentrated stuff instead of the
regular stuff, it's too thick. But you could always mix it with water
and put it into the dispenser.

Shaun Eli
http://www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for the Smart Mind (sm)