DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Using downdraft furnace in current updraft installation? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/132978-using-downdraft-furnace-current-updraft-installation.html)

Bob November 26th 05 05:07 PM

Using downdraft furnace in current updraft installation?

I have an oportunity to buy a slightly used downdraft
American Standard 90%+ model 948 downdraft furnace. Is it
possible to adapt it to updraft use, or would there be a
problem installing it under the cold air return and ducting
the bottom to the heating ducts of the house? If anyone has
any experience with this, I would appreciate hearing from
you.

Bob