DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cub Cadet ... Stalling Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/132571-cub-cadet-stalling-problem.html)

jim November 23rd 05 04:57 PM

Cub Cadet ... Stalling Problem

This 3-year-old tractor has always had a problem stalling when
engaging the PTO. Today, it came back from seasonal maintenance. I
wanted to give it one last run before retiring it for winter. Kept
conking out whenever I tried to activate the mower blades.

Diagnosis and treatment options, please.

DAC November 23rd 05 05:02 PM

Cub Cadet ... Stalling Problem

take it back to the seasonal maintenance place...it's obvious they
didn't "maintain" as thoroughly as they should.

Darwin

Patrick Cleburne November 23rd 05 05:05 PM

Cub Cadet ... Stalling Problem

"jim" wrote in message
This 3-year-old tractor has always had a problem stalling when
engaging the PTO. Today, it came back from seasonal maintenance. I
wanted to give it one last run before retiring it for winter. Kept
conking out whenever I tried to activate the mower blades.

Diagnosis and treatment options, please.

I had a lawnmower that did that when engaging the blade and drive. Problem
turned out to be a gummed/crudded up carburetor.

Fixed it by removing the carb bowl (just one bolt held mine in there) and
spraying about half a can of carb cleaner up inside from as many angles as I
could using the little extension tube that came with the can-- including
tipping mower on its side.

Patrick

Stephen Henning November 23rd 05 05:26 PM

Cub Cadet ... Stalling Problem

"DAC" wrote:

take it back to the seasonal maintenance place...it's obvious they
didn't "maintain" as thoroughly as they should.

DITTO

Perhaps changing places would be a major step forward.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

Pat November 23rd 05 05:31 PM

Cub Cadet ... Stalling Problem

I raise the deck up and start the mower while the tractor is traveling
forward.

[email protected] November 23rd 05 07:47 PM

Cub Cadet ... Stalling Problem

have seen many command kohler engines that need the choke on
to get the blades going if engine is cold. they run so darn lean. lucas