DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Home Depot Apologizes to Pencil Thief (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/132463-re-home-depot-apologizes-pencil-thief.html)

November 22nd 05 11:15 PM

Home Depot Apologizes to Pencil Thief

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:02:51 -0600, Jim Rusling wrote:

"Cliff and Linda Griffith" wrote:

"Carpenter" wrote in message
roups.com...
What's wrong with going to local HW stores and lumber mills? I get
better service and a better price there

I miss the old TrueValue hardware stores that we used to have around here,
but Home Depot and Lowe's have caused most of them to close. (It was nice
being able to say, "I need one of these", and have the clerk take ten steps
and find it for me.) Fortunately, though, not far from here, Home Depot and
Lowe's are within a block of each other.

Linda

We had an Ace Hardware just take over an old Walmart building just3
miles from here. I also have a Lowes and Home Depot with 10 miles.
Guess where I go to get most of my hardware.

I don't know about you...
but I can't afford to shop at ACE.

rj

Jim Rusling November 23rd 05 01:26 AM

Home Depot Apologizes to Pencil Thief

"RJ" wrote:

snip
I don't know about you...
but I can't afford to shop at ACE.

rj

It will depend some on the ACE store. They are not the cheapest, but
the quality of some of their stuff is better than the Big Box Stores.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired