DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Carpet Pad: Memory foam versus non-memory foam? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/132169-carpet-pad-memory-foam-versus-non-memory-foam.html)

[email protected] November 21st 05 05:46 AM

Carpet Pad: Memory foam versus non-memory foam?

Is there really a difference between like an 8 or 10 pound foam carpet
pad versus an 8 or 10 pound memory pad? I am confused after visiting
some carpet stores in the area.

Input?

Thanks!
Angie

Joey November 22nd 05 03:32 AM

wrote:

Is there really a difference between like an 8 or 10 pound foam carpet
pad versus an 8 or 10 pound memory pad? I am confused after visiting
some carpet stores in the area.

Input?

Thanks!
Angie

Angie,

I don't consider myself an expert but I have installed carpet and have
all the tools. I've removed some old carpet which had a cheap type of
plastic foam which left marks on the floor. Lowes/Home Depot sells two
grades which I believe is different pounds. The difference is how soft
the carpet will be underneath. I use the best/thickest and it works
well but if I carpet a room that's not used very much I would use the
lighter padding. Some here might disagree with me, but I would never
accept the advice of a salesman getting paid on commission. I wanted to
learn to do this myself so I found a DVD set on EBay that explained
carpet installation in great detail. I then purchased the tools and did
it myself. It can't be done without some special tools which by the way
you can rent. Good luck.

Joey

Angie December 7th 05 04:15 AM

Carpet Pad: Memory foam versus non-memory foam?

Thanks for your feedback Joey! We are now looking at the memory
foam... very soft!

Angie