DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   dryer vent (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/132011-dryer-vent.html)

[email protected] November 20th 05 04:26 AM

dryer vent

Are the older style I think they are made of vinyl dryer vents really
that dangerous? The person from Lowes said they are out of code and
are dangerous? Has anyone run into any problems? Should i replace it?

Rick in Pa November 20th 05 04:55 AM

dryer vent

Dryer lint can accumulate inside the machine & catch fire. If that
happens, a vinyl vent would only make it worse. For a couple bucks you
could swap in a metal vent . Cheap insurance in my opinion.

Stretch November 20th 05 10:15 PM

dryer vent

The vinyl hose should only go a few feet from the dryer to where the
sheet metal exhaust duct end pokes out of the floor or wall of the
laundry room. The duct through the wall, basement or crawlspace should
be sheet metal, assenbled with tape. Screws or rivets will catch lint.

Stretch