DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What was all the wierd posts? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/131751-what-all-wierd-posts.html)

Colbyt November 17th 05 11:55 PM

What was all the wierd posts?

What the heck was all that crap that cluttered this newsgroup tonight?

Colbyt

Joseph Meehan November 18th 05 01:04 AM

What was all the wierd posts?

Colbyt wrote:
What the heck was all that crap that cluttered this newsgroup tonight?

Colbyt

It appears to have been some sort of attack by someone who may have been
unhappy or just bored.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Dan Espen November 18th 05 02:06 AM

What was all the wierd posts?

"Colbyt" writes:

What the heck was all that crap that cluttered this newsgroup tonight?

That was computer generated nonsense.
It's not uncommon to see a paragraph or 2 of that stuff
in spam to through the filters off.

Apparently from someone that has a beef with 'Dan C'.
He's posted here and I've seen him post over in the Linux
groups. The Linux groups were hit too.

ameijers November 18th 05 04:45 AM

What was all the wierd posts?

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Colbyt" writes:

What the heck was all that crap that cluttered this newsgroup tonight?

That was computer generated nonsense.
It's not uncommon to see a paragraph or 2 of that stuff
in spam to through the filters off.

Apparently from someone that has a beef with 'Dan C'.
He's posted here and I've seen him post over in the Linux
groups. The Linux groups were hit too.

Guess my ISP's garbage filters do work after all- I didn't see a bit of it,
knock on wood.

aem sends...