Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Temperature setting for PEX radiant heat

Hi there. I have a 19x11 kitchen, tile on mud, with PEX tubing in the
floor for radiant heat. The house is baseboard all else. The plumber
ran the PEX tubing throughout the floor and down to a new zone in my
oil burner with a mixing valve. My question is what the correct output
temperature should be? 125 degrees or so? The PEX tubing says 180
degrees on it.
Also, should I get a specialized radiant heat thermostat like the
Wirsbo model? I don't think it's programmable, which would stink.
Opinions? Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
The plumber
ran the PEX tubing throughout the floor and down to a new zone in my
oil burner with a mixing valve. My question is what the correct output
temperature should be? 125 degrees or so? The PEX tubing says 180
degrees on it.

The tachometer on your car probably red lines at about 6000 RPM, but that
does not mean you should run the enngine at the speed all the time.

PEX says 180 as that is the maximum setting. It should be run at about 125
to 130.

Also, should I get a specialized radiant heat thermostat like the
Wirsbo model? I don't think it's programmable, which would stink.
Opinions? Thanks!

I don't know about them.

Electric radiant floor heat TP Home Repair 5 November 3rd 05 12:32 PM
Home Temperature Control with Radiator Heat MRodger UK diy 12 October 18th 05 10:02 AM
Radiant floor heat, main consideration Nicolas Boretos UK diy 0 September 20th 05 09:02 AM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Heat pump thermostat question Michael Baugh Home Repair 6 January 26th 04 07:50 AM