DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stuck Aerator (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/129448-stuck-aerator.html)

[email protected] November 15th 05 06:15 AM

Stuck Aerator

I'm installing an aerator on a sink in which it's aerator has not been
touched for more than 20 years. It's apparently stuck on there, with
quite a bit of rust on the inside (apparently), or if it's not rust,
it's probably glued on. Are there any suggestions on what I should do?

I've attempted the pliers, the wrench, as well as manually screwing it
off. All of my attempts are 100% fruitless so far. I've even tried the
hair dryer and ice, but that didn't work either.

Tony Hwang November 15th 05 07:03 AM

Stuck Aerator

wrote:
I'm installing an aerator on a sink in which it's aerator has not been
touched for more than 20 years. It's apparently stuck on there, with
quite a bit of rust on the inside (apparently), or if it's not rust,
it's probably glued on. Are there any suggestions on what I should do?

I've attempted the pliers, the wrench, as well as manually screwing it
off. All of my attempts are 100% fruitless so far. I've even tried the
hair dryer and ice, but that didn't work either.

Hi,
Tried Channel lock wrench or vice grip?
Tony

buffalobill November 15th 05 12:25 PM

Stuck Aerator

shower power has phosphoric acid which will help eat away at the
mineral deposits. or, depending on the fixture, you might just drill
out the old aerator screen to improve the flow if that's your goal. or,
there's replacement fixtures or parts.

you might browse thru the online catalog for a delta faucet spout for
$13.97 for example at www.hdsupply.com
click on the virtual catalog.

Doug Miller November 15th 05 01:10 PM

Stuck Aerator

In article .com, wrote:
I'm installing an aerator on a sink in which it's aerator has not been
touched for more than 20 years. It's apparently stuck on there, with
quite a bit of rust on the inside (apparently), or if it's not rust,
it's probably glued on. Are there any suggestions on what I should do?

I've attempted the pliers, the wrench, as well as manually screwing it
off. All of my attempts are 100% fruitless so far. I've even tried the
hair dryer and ice, but that didn't work either.

Dumb question time.... are you sure you're turning it the proper direction?

--
Regards,

Abe November 15th 05 01:26 PM

Stuck Aerator

I'm installing an aerator on a sink in which it's aerator has not been
touched for more than 20 years. It's apparently stuck on there, with
quite a bit of rust on the inside (apparently), or if it's not rust,
it's probably glued on. Are there any suggestions on what I should do?
I've attempted the pliers, the wrench, as well as manually screwing it
off. All of my attempts are 100% fruitless so far. I've even tried the
hair dryer and ice, but that didn't work either.

Dumb question time.... are you sure you're turning it the proper direction?

Not a dumb question at all. On the other hand, if the OP is turning it
correctly, and it's that rusted that it won't budge, I'd suggest he
get a whole new faucet assembly.