DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can you ID this rototiller? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/129098-can-you-id-rototiller.html)

MicrowaveDisplay.com November 12th 05 11:44 PM

Can you ID this rototiller?

PHOTO URL:
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/oldbstiller.jpg

Anyone recognize the brand of the old tiller I just picked up?

No numbers found yet, but I plan to scrutinize it next weekend.

It runs, but the throttle cable is mostly missing, so it is not fully
controllable right now.

The engine is a Briggs, but I don't believe the carburetor is the
original.

I want to be able to get this set up and adjusted to use for my
gardening.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

William Miller, AS-EET

http://www.MicrowaveDisplay.com
We repair microwave display boards by mail - $32.50 most cases

Dennis Brothers November 12th 05 11:53 PM

Can you ID this rototiller?

"MicrowaveDisplay.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
PHOTO URL:
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/oldbstiller.jpg

Anyone recognize the brand of the old tiller I just picked up?

No numbers found yet, but I plan to scrutinize it next weekend.

It runs, but the throttle cable is mostly missing, so it is not fully
controllable right now.

The engine is a Briggs, but I don't believe the carburetor is the
original.

I want to be able to get this set up and adjusted to use for my
gardening.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

William Miller, AS-EET

http://www.MicrowaveDisplay.com
We repair microwave display boards by mail - $32.50 most cases

Might be a Troy-Bilt - they were one of the few (if not only) manufacturers
of rear-tine tillers for a long while.

- Dennis Brothers

Oscar_Lives November 13th 05 01:34 AM

Can you ID this rototiller?

"MicrowaveDisplay.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
PHOTO URL:
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/oldbstiller.jpg

Anyone recognize the brand of the old tiller I just picked up?

No numbers found yet, but I plan to scrutinize it next weekend.

It runs, but the throttle cable is mostly missing, so it is not fully
controllable right now.

The engine is a Briggs, but I don't believe the carburetor is the
original.

I want to be able to get this set up and adjusted to use for my
gardening.

Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

William Miller, AS-EET

http://www.MicrowaveDisplay.com
We repair microwave display boards by mail - $32.50 most cases

Looks like a Snapper to me.

Dave November 13th 05 01:38 AM

Can you ID this rototiller?

MicrowaveDisplay.com wrote:
PHOTO URL:
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/oldbstiller.jpg

Anyone recognize the brand of the old tiller I just picked up?

No numbers found yet, but I plan to scrutinize it next weekend.
[...]

Doesn't look like a Troybilt. Might be an old Craftsman.

Greg O November 13th 05 06:15 PM

Can you ID this rototiller?

"tom&sue" wrote in message
A wheel horse by troybilt??????

When that sucker was built Troy Built and Wheel Horse were competitors! They
merged about 10 years ago. With that engine configuration I would guess the
age as mid/late 60's
Greg

Srgnt Billko November 13th 05 08:42 PM

Can you ID this rototiller?

"Greg O" wrote in message

"tom&sue" wrote in message
A wheel horse by troybilt??????

When that sucker was built Troy Built and Wheel Horse were competitors!
They merged about 10 years ago. With that engine configuration I would
guess the age as mid/late 60's
Greg

Don't you have Toro and Troybilt confused ?

Greg O November 13th 05 09:47 PM

Can you ID this rototiller?

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Greg O" wrote in message

"tom&sue" wrote in message
A wheel horse by troybilt??????

When that sucker was built Troy Built and Wheel Horse were competitors!
They merged about 10 years ago. With that engine configuration I would
guess the age as mid/late 60's
Greg

Don't you have Toro and Troybilt confused ?

Probably! After I think about it MTD owns Troy-Built. Toro sucked up Wheel
Horse a few years back. At any rate at the time that tiller was built, all
of them were competitors!
Greg

MicrowaveDisplay.com December 5th 05 04:30 AM

Can you ID this rototiller?

I have several photos of the carburetor at
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/tiller_carb.htm

You can reply via the e-mail link at that page. Thanks for the help!

MicrowaveDisplay.com December 5th 05 04:31 AM

Can you ID this rototiller?