Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heater for outdoor "cat house"

On Sunday, November 13, 2005 at 8:17:50 AM UTC-5, Unrevealed Source wrote:
K & H makes heaters specifically designed for what you want:
http://www.khmfg.com/products/heatedDogBeds.htm

We bought the cat version (just a smaller version) and I'm impressed with
the construction and build quality. Their products are available online,
but my wife found one at a local pet store. The cat version uses the
equivalent of a 40-watt bulb, so we just plugged it in for the winter and
will unplug it in spring. Cord is covered in a metal spring to prevent
chewing.

"Ed Hayes" wrote in message
If have 2 feral cats in our yard which we feed and take care of.
Over the last year we actually can now touch and play with them but
they will not come in the house. They truly are wild.
This winter I would like to build them a place where they can stay
which will keep them relatively warm.
I can easily build them a small house and put a blanket in it but I
would like to insulate it and maybe add heat.
Is there any electric heating pad type of thing that I can buy to use
inside this cat house.
I want it to be safe since it will be close to my house I don't want
to start a fire.
I was thinking about those electric pipe heaters that are used to
prevent freezing but not sure if they get warm enough.
Any suggestions, electric or otherwise?

Thanks..

I was using off-the shelf K&H and Cat House Space Heater 65W from eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/14295467363...m1555.l2649

AquaTherm Furnace - No Hot Water Issue David Home Repair 11 January 25th 18 09:44 PM
Water heater in series to use as storage tank ... good or bad? Fred Home Repair 12 January 29th 05 02:38 PM
Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 02:57 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 11:51 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Ownership 50 April 2nd 04 05:55 PM