Sam

Default Garage Door stuck in the open position-help!

My Overhead door model 555 sticks in the open position. It seems like
the unit is not sensing when it is all the way open and it goes too far
and gets stuck. I have tried lubing it up etc and no luck. Is there a
way to retrain it to not open so far? Is there a sensor that tells it
stop before opening too far?

SQLit

"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
My Overhead door model 555 sticks in the open position. It seems like
the unit is not sensing when it is all the way open and it goes too far
and gets stuck. I have tried lubing it up etc and no luck. Is there a
way to retrain it to not open so far? Is there a sensor that tells it
stop before opening too far?

Yes there are limit switches on the track, on the models I am familiar with.
See if the rear limit switch is almost back to the motor. Look for an
indentation where it belongs.

Tony Hwang

SQLit wrote:

"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...

My Overhead door model 555 sticks in the open position. It seems like
the unit is not sensing when it is all the way open and it goes too far
and gets stuck. I have tried lubing it up etc and no luck. Is there a
way to retrain it to not open so far? Is there a sensor that tells it
stop before opening too far?

Yes there are limit switches on the track, on the models I am familiar with.
See if the rear limit switch is almost back to the motor. Look for an
indentation where it belongs.

Hi,
Or relay which is controlled by the limit switch.
Tony
Sam

Thanks I will check for both!

GoHabsGo

"Sam" wrote in news:1131835155.636801.178040
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

My Overhead door model 555 sticks in the open position. It seems like
the unit is not sensing when it is all the way open and it goes too far
and gets stuck. I have tried lubing it up etc and no luck. Is there a
way to retrain it to not open so far? Is there a sensor that tells it
stop before opening too far?

Check your electric eye beam at the bottom. It may have been bumped and
misaligned or too dirty to get a positive read.