DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What's the point? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/129034-re-whats-point.html)

SteveB November 12th 05 03:51 PM

What's the point?

wrote in message
I was talking to a guy the other day who works for a flooring company.
He told me about a guy who had a new floor installed over a nice
looking wood plank floor. He said he would have left the wood planks
because they were in great shape. So the customer comes into the
showroom and chooses an expensive vinyl flooring that looks like wood
planks. They installed the floor, had to put down underlayment first.
The total cost of the floor was almost $3000.

When they finished the job they all looked at the floor and said
"looks just like when we got here, only a tad darker in color and a
little shinier". He shook his head and said "What's the point?".
He said he would have given the wood floor a coat of varnish for $25
and left well enough alone.

Mark

The point is to sell flooring and make money.

STeve

Duane Bozarth November 12th 05 04:01 PM

What's the point?

SteveB wrote:

wrote in message

... So the customer comes into the
showroom and chooses an expensive vinyl flooring that looks like wood
planks. They installed the floor, had to put down underlayment first.
The total cost of the floor was almost $3000.

When they finished the job they all looked at the floor and said
"looks just like when we got here, only a tad darker in color and a
little shinier". He shook his head and said "What's the point?".
He said he would have given the wood floor a coat of varnish for $25
and left well enough alone.

Mark

The point is to sell flooring and make money.

Apparently the point was the customer wanted to replace the wood strip
flooring w/ a continuous flooring material.

Most likely not what I would have chosen, but wasn't my floor...