DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dumb dryer question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/128974-re-dumb-dryer-question.html)

Bob November 12th 05 04:28 AM

Dumb dryer question

wrote in message
We all have plenty to say about what you do with dryer

exhaust.

What about intake air?

Why not pull it from the attic?

Where I live you could probably run the dryer on "air

fluff" and dry
stuff vitrtually free 9 months of the year.
You probaly need another blower and a filter wiould

probably be nice.

Upside?

Hot air to start with. Less heating cost.

Downside?

Dryer not designed for inlet connection.
Dryer not designed for hot air input - would it regulate
heat OK?
You'd probably want to filter the air. Attics don't tend to
be the cleanest place in the world.

Not a bad idea.

Bob