DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dishwasher Troubles (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/128860-dishwasher-troubles.html)

Barbara Devaney November 11th 05 05:51 AM

Dishwasher Troubles

Hi!
I have a small Kenmore dishwasher. It's making a loud banging noise in
between
cycles.
Can anyone give me an idea as to what the problem could be and if I can
fix it myself without the expense of calling in a repairman.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Barbara

Appliance Repair Aid November 11th 05 01:15 PM

Dishwasher Troubles

Barbara Devaney wrote:
Hi!
I have a small Kenmore dishwasher. It's making a loud banging noise in
between
cycles.
Can anyone give me an idea as to what the problem could be and if I can
fix it myself without the expense of calling in a repairman.
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Barbara

Hi,

I have a small Kenmore dishwasher

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

It's making a loud banging noise in between cycles.

Built in d/w?....maybe the hot water pipes are banging when the d/w is
filling?

Since we cannot hear the noise over a forum like this, it wil be
difficult to get an idea what is happening.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Barbara Devaney November 11th 05 08:13 PM

Dishwasher Troubles

Thanks! I'll check out the link.
Yes it is a built in. No the pipes aren't banging. The dishwasher just
shakes and bangs away.

Barbara