DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to put a 4" dryer outlet through a cinderblock basement wall? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/128539-how-put-4-dryer-outlet-through-cinderblock-basement-wall.html)

dean November 9th 05 03:37 AM

How to put a 4" dryer outlet through a cinderblock basement wall?

In other words, do I break it open and cement in a vent pipe, or do I
get a 4" hole cutter for concrete and make a hole that way?

Thanks!

Dean

Edwin Pawlowski November 9th 05 03:42 AM

How to put a 4" dryer outlet through a cinderblock basement wall?

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
In other words, do I break it open and cement in a vent pipe, or do I
get a 4" hole cutter for concrete and make a hole that way?

Block if fairly easy to get through. I drilled a few holes around and then
broke it out with hammer and chisel. Probably a few other ways too.

dean November 9th 05 03:55 AM

How to put a 4" dryer outlet through a cinderblock basement wall?

Yeah sounds doable. Would you seal it in with cement or use something
else? Silicone?

Edwin Pawlowski November 9th 05 04:38 AM

How to put a 4" dryer outlet through a cinderblock basement wall?

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeah sounds doable. Would you seal it in with cement or use something
else? Silicone?

Cement if you have and "oops" Silicone if it is a reasonably decent fit.

dean November 9th 05 04:43 AM

How to put a 4" dryer outlet through a cinderblock basement wall?

Got it. Thanks

-D