DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   jack post (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/128314-jack-post.html)

[email protected] November 7th 05 07:36 PM

jack post

Hi everyone,

I would like to install a few jack posts in my basement. Installation
seams pretty straight forward except I am not sure how to built an
"engineered base" for the jack post to go on. I was wondering if
anyone could let me if this can me done by myself or does it have to be
professional made.

Thanks Carl,

http://www.geocities.com/billbobbarama/

Edwin Pawlowski November 8th 05 01:13 AM

jack post

wrote in message

I would like to install a few jack posts in my basement. Installation
seams pretty straight forward except I am not sure how to built an
"engineered base" for the jack post to go on. I was wondering if
anyone could let me if this can me done by myself or does it have to be
professional made.

Thanks Carl,

Dig hole, Pour in concrete. Level. Let dry

I've seen the sitting on a concrete block also. As long as the base is
solid and does not sink, it will support the post. You want to go about 12"
to 18" deep.