DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replacing Sink Sprayer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/128046-replacing-sink-sprayer.html)

[email protected] November 5th 05 05:16 PM

Replacing Sink Sprayer

I have what is going to seem like a silly question, but I seem to be
handicapped when it comes to stuff like this. Just ask my wife! :)

I need to replace our sink sprayer. After removing the top of the
sprayer, I see that there is little ring clip holding the base of the
sprayer to the hose. I need to remove that ring clip to get the old
base off of the hose but I can't figure out how to get the clip off.
It's not like some ring clips I've seen that have tiny holes in the
ends that you can spread open with needle-nose pliers.

Any thoughts? I already tried prying it out with a knife and nearly
stabbed myself through the hand. ;-)

What is the trick for removing those ring clips?

Thanks!
John

Matt November 5th 05 05:19 PM

Replacing Sink Sprayer

Can't you just screw a new sprayer to the old base?

If not, I think you might have to replace the hose and the sprayer.

MLD November 5th 05 06:33 PM

Replacing Sink Sprayer

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have what is going to seem like a silly question, but I seem to be
handicapped when it comes to stuff like this. Just ask my wife! :)

I need to replace our sink sprayer. After removing the top of the
sprayer, I see that there is little ring clip holding the base of the
sprayer to the hose. I need to remove that ring clip to get the old
base off of the hose but I can't figure out how to get the clip off.
It's not like some ring clips I've seen that have tiny holes in the
ends that you can spread open with needle-nose pliers.

Any thoughts? I already tried prying it out with a knife and nearly
stabbed myself through the hand. ;-)

What is the trick for removing those ring clips?

Thanks!
John

Why not just cut the hose below the sprayer--any problem if it is a couple
of inches shorter.
MLD

[email protected] November 6th 05 03:35 AM

Replacing Sink Sprayer

I'm using a new kind of sprayer so the new top won't fit the old base.
I figured out that I could get the retaining clip off using tweezers.
:-) If that didn't work, I was going to just bite the bullet and spend
the $20 to get an entirely new assembly that included the hose. That
would have been more cosmetically appealing because the new sprayer is
a cheapie that doesn't match. Oh well, it works for now.

Thanks,
John

Gazoo November 6th 05 03:40 AM

Replacing Sink Sprayer

Those clips should come off easily with a small scredriver or a small apir
of needlenoses (shrugs)

oups.com...

mm November 6th 05 05:51 AM

Replacing Sink Sprayer

On 5 Nov 2005 09:16:02 -0800, "
wrote:

I have what is going to seem like a silly question, but I seem to be
handicapped when it comes to stuff like this. Just ask my wife! :)

I need to replace our sink sprayer. After removing the top of the
sprayer, I see that there is little ring clip holding the base of the
sprayer to the hose. I need to remove that ring clip to get the old
base off of the hose but I can't figure out how to get the clip off.
It's not like some ring clips I've seen that have tiny holes in the
ends that you can spread open with needle-nose pliers.

Any thoughts? I already tried prying it out with a knife and nearly
stabbed myself through the hand. ;-)

What is the trick for removing those ring clips?

It sounds like your further along than I evre was. Brands may vary
but with Delta, it seemed there was no way to remove the head. Rather
the hose needed to be removed from the middle of the faucet fixture.

Thanks!
John

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.