DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Max duct length for Broan 50CFM fan (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/127887-max-duct-length-broan-50cfm-fan.html)

Mikepier November 4th 05 12:14 PM

Max duct length for Broan 50CFM fan

I just purchased a Broan 50 CFM bathroom vent fan. I was just curious
what is exactly the maximum duct length you can have with this type of
fan? Nowhere in the installation manual does it say. It only says "use
the shortest run with the least amount of elbows".
I plan to use about 8 feet with 2 elbows and I was just wondering if
this is ok.

SQLit November 4th 05 06:28 PM

Max duct length for Broan 50CFM fan

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased a Broan 50 CFM bathroom vent fan. I was just curious
what is exactly the maximum duct length you can have with this type of
fan? Nowhere in the installation manual does it say. It only says "use
the shortest run with the least amount of elbows".
I plan to use about 8 feet with 2 elbows and I was just wondering if
this is ok.

Check the instructions for the fan. Elbow (90 degree kind) are NEVER a good
idea with a fan that small.
I installed a 100 cfm in my bathroom ( 70 square feet ) and it just
acceptable.