DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   water supply line for in door fridge water...... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/127770-water-supply-line-door-fridge-water.html)

scale November 3rd 05 01:45 PM

water supply line for in door fridge water......

What do people recommend for bringing this line to the back of your
fridge in the wall.

I want something i dont have to worry about.

I notice my home store sells kits in both copper tubing (flexible) for
bringing water for auto ice makers etc and they sell another kit or
line that is braided steel (or simular) over flexible pvc.

The package on this one claims there is nothing stronger.

I dont know. I want to do it right and not have to worry about it
leaking or bursting.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Sacramento Dave November 3rd 05 02:06 PM

water supply line for in door fridge water......

"scale" wrote in message
oups.com...
What do people recommend for bringing this line to the back of your
fridge in the wall.

I want something i dont have to worry about.

I notice my home store sells kits in both copper tubing (flexible) for
bringing water for auto ice makers etc and they sell another kit or
line that is braided steel (or simular) over flexible pvc.

The package on this one claims there is nothing stronger.

I dont know. I want to do it right and not have to worry about it
leaking or bursting.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

The have a stainless braided hose kit you can buy. I put one on mine it's
the way to go, cost more but worth it

Mikepier November 3rd 05 02:37 PM

water supply line for in door fridge water......

Especially if you have to move your fridge frequently like me to
retrieve lost toys for my kids. You don't have to worry about the
copper tubing getting kinked.

Beachcomber November 3rd 05 02:54 PM

water supply line for in door fridge water......

ll.

I want something i dont have to worry about.

I notice my home store sells kits in both copper tubing (flexible) for
bringing water for auto ice makers etc and they sell another kit or
line that is braided steel (or simular) over flexible pvc.

The package on this one claims there is nothing stronger.

I dont know. I want to do it right and not have to worry about it
leaking or bursting.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

The have a stainless braided hose kit you can buy. I put one on mine it's
the way to go, cost more but worth it

Copper tubing is perhaps harder to install but equally reliable (no
leaks) if installed correctly. If you use copper, you want to keep
the length generous so you have the flexibility of bending and routing
it where it needs to go. In most cases, no soldering is required as
compression fittings are used.

Beachcomber

hiebs November 4th 05 01:53 AM

water supply line for in door fridge water......

Copper is fine, I dont like the braided stuff I have seen it leak where
it is crimped to the fittings. Just have a decent size loop in the
copper so you can pull out the fridge.

--
hiebs
hiebs's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=69